[dancer-users] New Dancer2 releases: 0.162000 ... 0.166000!

John Stoffel john at stoffel.org
Wed Jan 13 21:29:40 GMT 2016

>>>>> "Sawyer" == Sawyer X <xsawyerx at gmail.com> writes:

Sawyer> On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 3:30 PM, John Stoffel <john at stoffel.org> wrote:

Sawyer> What do you think should be our next major focus? Would you like to
Sawyer> help? Let us know!

>> I'd love to see expanded skeletons, or a way for Plugins to add
>> themselves into a skeleton so that you can more easily start
>> using/playing with an extension in the manner the Author of the plugin
>> expects it to be used.
>>
>> Think of it as documentation by example, with test cases too ideally.
>>
>> Now how to make this work when you have *lots* of plugins all stomping
>> all over each other, I don't know.  It's just a thought.

Sawyer> +1 on these ideas from me!

Sawyer> Would you like to create an issue to try and create a discussion
Sawyer> around it, what it would achieve and how it would look like?

I'll try to do so, but I'm not sure I have any great ideas.  Mostly,
I think having a way to generate skeletons and show off features of
modules would be a great way to get Dancer used more and to lower the
(steep) learning curve at times.

John