[dancer-users] Non-blocking stuff

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Fri Jan 8 16:55:12 GMT 2016

On Sat, 2016-01-09 at 00:09 +1030, David H wrote:
> I'm not sure if there is a way (or if this even makes sense) to fork
> out each request so the dancer site isn't just sitting there waiting
> for the last thing to complete.

Really stupid question, but I assume you do have Starman configured for
multiple processes accepting requests on the server-side? Otherwise you
would of course see the behaviour you describe.

> I tried using the Delayed responses (Async/Streaming) listed here:

I would expect that. Delayed is still single-threaded (?), it just
allows responses to be sent part way through processing request (I
think, I've not looked at it in detail).

I certainly would have thought that Starman or other multi-threaded
server is the way to go.

I do have some resource-intensive processes in one of my apps (that
produce data for the same webpage via a separate request), and I've
never noticed a problem. I've never looked at it in detail though. I'm
using fast-cgi in Apache.

Andy