[dancer-users] Installing Dancer2 On Windows Operating System

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Fri Aug 19 11:35:06 BST 2016

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 09:35:14 +0300
Kadir Beyazlı <kadirbeyazli at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I rebooted but it is still same.
> I see that Strawberry has been installed to C: directory
> I also see that Dancer2 folder exists at following path.
>
> C:/Strawberry/cpan/build/Dancer2

That sounds like just a folder it was unpacked into during the install
process, not the end result of installing it.

A very quick Google suggests that stuff installed by Strawberry ends
up in: C:\strawberry\perl\site\{bin,lib}

> which makes me think that Dancer2 has been installed but unfortunately
> "dancer2" is not recognisable

I concur with the other responses, it sounds like the installation may
have failed.  Try again and pastebin the results, and/or look in that
path above for it.

(I haven't used Windows actively for some time, so I'm somewhat
guessing here!)

Cheers

Dave P