[dancer-users] Installing Dancer2 On Windows Operating System

Maxwell Carey mcarey at ucar.edu
Thu Aug 18 18:10:00 BST 2016

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 8:15 AM, Kadir Beyazlı <kadirbeyazli at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I tried to install Dancer2 on Windows (64 bit) but it failed.
>
> I applied following steps
>
> 1-) Installed Strawperry Perl, because Perl was not installed at pc
> 2-) Installed cpanminus with command:  cpan App::cpanminus
> 3-) installed Dancer2 with command: cpanm Dancer2
>
> At terminal, when I wirte follwing command
>
> dancer2 -a myapp
>
> dancer2 is not recognised ...
>
> When I check following folder, I see that Dancer2 has been dpwnloaed
>
> C://Strawberry/cpan....
>
> If it is needed to add dancer2 to path, what is its path? I am linux user,
> it was not needed add dancer2 to path when I installed Dancer2.

Strawberry should take care of that for you. Are you sure the installation
succeeded? Every once in a while I see posts about build failures with
Strawberry, and there are currently a couple of failures listed on CPAN
Testers:
http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=Dancer2%200.202000;os=mswin32;reports=1