[dancer-users] Dancer2 / CentOS 5 => no object method "has_hook"

Warren Young wyml at etr-usa.com
Wed Aug 3 21:51:27 BST 2016

On Aug 3, 2016, at 2:45 AM, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke at linuxia.de> wrote:

> On 08/03/2016 10:41 AM, Jochen Schnuerle wrote:
>>
>> On CentOS 5 I use perl-Moo version 1.004002 and on CentOS 6/7 a version 2.x.
>
> Dancer2 requires Moo 2, so the perl-Moo is most likely the culprit for this error.

That may be true as far as it goes, but Moo 1 could not satisfy Dancer 2’s dependencies.  It doesn’t matter if you installed via cpan, cpanm, or a source tarball, the installation should either have resulted in a side-by-side installation of Moo 2, or the installation should have failed.

I just upgraded to 0.201000 on CentOS 5 via cpanm, and the stock “dancer2 -a foo” app runs just fine.

Jochen, did you perhaps do a “force install” via cpan?  If so, I find that installing via cpanm is much more pleasant and reliable, since it follows dependencies by default and suppresses all of the interactive queries cpan passes through from the underlying Perl build system.  With cpanm, the installation either works or doesn’t, and if it doesn’t, there’s usually a good reason why.