[dancer-users] Dancer2 before_file_render hook

Alex Mestiashvili mailatgoogl at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 13:58:00 BST 2015

> > Can I use send_file together with a template ? Let's say I want to render
> > html with an image,
>
> Serving HTML and image for this HTML-page are 2 separate requests, you
> can't send them together.
>
> Using send_file seems not appropriate, because it sets
> Content-disposition-header. Which means: browser downloads a file, but
> you want to show it inside HTML.

I see, that's what I was suspecting.

> > Any other ideas ?
>
> For example, you may link this images directory symbolically into
> session-named directory and use this name as prefix in your template.

This sounds as the solution for me, though it is not that flexible as the
before hook.
Alternatively I can switch to Dancer 1:)

> Another way (my preference) is to use some Plack middleware for
> authorization and use it as gatekeeper which makes sure, that some
> directories (or just files) are accessible only to certain (logged in)
> users.

I use Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible and switching to another
authentication will make the whole thing more complicated, so for now I'll
try to play with symlinks.

Thank you for your help.