[dancer-users] .dancer file

Rick Leir richard.leir at canadiana.ca
Thu Sep 17 20:19:18 BST 2015

On Sat, Sep 12, 2015 at 7:00 AM, <dancer-users-request at dancer.pm> wrote:

> > This version of Dancer2::Cookbook is definitely outdated.
>
> Yes, it's rarely a good idea to link to CPAN resources using a specific
> version number. Better to use:
>
>    https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/Dancer2/lib/Dancer2/Cookbook.pod

My bad, sorry. Google pagerank led me to the outdated version.

Unrelated: I am curious to know why Dancer2 is trying to open ./.dancer at
startup? What can be put in it?
stat("./lib", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0775, st_size=4096, ...}) = 0
stat("./bin", 0x84e238)                 = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
stat("./.dancer", 0x84e238)             = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)

I noticed this when I was using strace to find out where Dancer2 wanted to
find my config.yml. For an app Name::Name2, in lib/Name/Name2.pm, the file
needs to be lib/Name/config.yml not in ./config.yml. Now I see why: there
could be multiple apps, each with its own config. As described in meta (but
why say that it is global?):

"Dancer2 will first look for the file *config.ext* (where .ext is the type
of configuration file you are using) in the root directory of your
application. This is considered your global Dancer2 config file.

https://metacpan.org/pod/distribution/Dancer2/lib/Dancer2/Config.pod
--
Thanks, Rick