[dancer-users] New Dancer2 release en route to CPAN: 0.162000

Sawyer X xsawyerx at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 12:13:46 BST 2015

Yet another Dancer2 release hitting CPAN as we speak, all the way from
Granada, Spain, courtesy of YAPC::EU 2015.

We've made a few interesting changes, highlights of which I would like
to share with you.

**Fixes**

* Escaping file paths in regexes.
* Handle response in before hook correctly when serializer available.
* Correctly validate *all* options in route definition.
* Custom error templates fixes, including in before hooks.
* Unmask exceptions thrown by serializers.

**Enhancements**

* Major optimizations! Dancer 2 is now at least as fast as Dancer 1.
We're continuing work on optimizing it. If you have use-cases you
would like us to take a closer look at, just let us know!
* Better stack trace display.
* Correctly set response content via "halt" keyword.
* Switch to HTML5 templates!
* Streamline and optimize serializer helpers (`to_json`, `from_json`).

**Thanks**

We want to thank our lovely contributors for this release (in
alphabetical order): A. Sinan Unur, Achilles Kars, Andy Beverley,
Dmitrii Tcyganov, Gabor Szabo, Kadir, Nick Tonkin, Patrick Zimmermann,
Tina Müller, Vernon, and, of course, our core devs involved in this
release: Alberto Simões, Mickey Nasriachi, Russell Jenkins, Sawyer X.

**Future plans**

We intend to introduce one major change and deprecate unsafe behavior.

We have a branch ready (which will be merged only *after* this
release) that introduces three new keywords: `query_parameters`,
`body_parameters`, and `route_parameters`. These will return values
that make it unnecessary to validate whether you received a single
value or multiple values. It's a change we've wanted to introduce for
a while now.

We also plan to deprecate the ability to set route parameters that
undermine two specific features in route matching: splat/megasplat and
regex captures. Unless you have `:splat` or `:captures` placeholder
variables in your route definitions, you will not even notice.

Have a great dance, :)
Sawyer and the Dancer Core Dev Team.