[dancer-users] New Dancer2 release en route to CPAN: 0.163000 and new core dev!

Sawyer X xsawyerx at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 10:53:44 GMT 2015

Here is the email for the latest release!

I sent this to the wrong mailing list so no one saw it. Sorry about that.

Hi everyone,

We have another great Dancer2 release hitting CPAN as we speak. This
time with an announcement on a new core dev joining the Dancer team:
Jason Crome. Please give him a warm welcome! We're very happy to have
him join us and help make Dancer2 more approachable and welcoming to
new-comers.

We're very excited about this release as it carries some great changes
and new features.

**Fixed**

* Internal errors do not accidentally trigger a 404.
* Removing intermediate warnings between plugin systems transition.

**Enhancements**

* New keywords: "route_parameters", "request_parameters", and
"body_parameters". These are considered safer and more comfortable
than "param" or "params". We hope everyone switch to them instead. Try
them out!
* Delayed responses now have "on_error" providing a handler for errors
when you have a streaming handler error. These should work on all
event loops and isn't tied to a specific one.
* Dancer2 command line utility "dancer2" now accepts "-s" for a
skeleton directory so you can provide your own skeletons.
* You can now use Dancer2 with the ":nopragmas" flag to prevent
Dancer2 importing any pragmas into your namespace.
* We now warn when you create a route parameter called "captures" or
"splat", since it can conflict.

**Documentation**

* Fix instructions on running app.psgi files.
* Add beginner-friendly application running.
* Expanding on auto-reloading features in Plack.

I want to thank everyone involved in this release and to the Dancer community.

Have a great dance, :)
Sawyer and the Dancer Core Dev Team.