[dancer-users] Recommendation for REST API

Shlomi Fish shlomif at shlomifish.org
Tue Oct 13 07:45:41 BST 2015

Hi Pedro,

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 20:16:58 +0100
Pedro Melo <melo at simplicidade.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> need to build a REST API with Dancer2. Any recommendations on what plugins,
> if any, to use?
>
> I see Dancer2::Plugin::REST, is that the recommended one? It looks good…
> any experiences with it?

Yes, I originally wanted to use it, but noticed that its tests are currently
failing (possibly due to a bug in Dancer2 itself):

https://github.com/PerlDancer/Dancer2-Plugin-REST/pull/6

I ended up resorting to use https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer::Plugin::REST with
Dancer v1 instead for my use case. Furthermore, I was told that it's not really
needed because you can encode the JSON yourself explicitly.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish