[dancer-users] Multiple virtual hosts: one dancer instance or one per vhost?

Tom Browder tom.browder at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 15:23:47 BST 2015

I am investigating moving several virtual host web sites (some using
plain CGI and some purely static) to using dancer2 and wonder (1) can
one have one dancer process per vhost and (2) can one dancer process
support multiple host?

I would like to be able to choose either or a mix of the methods but
it is important that the individual vhost sites be independent as far
as the public views them.

Some features that differ from host to host that must continue working:

+ TLS server certificates
+ client certificates (for private sections of a vhost)
+ mixed static and dynamic pages

All sites will continue to be  served with Apache 2.4.

The candidate sites include:

  <https://usafa-1965.org>
  <https://psrr.info>
  <https://niceville.pm.org>
  <https://nwflug.org>
  <https://mbrowder.com>
  <https://computertechnwf.org>
  <https://freestatesofamerica.org>
  <https://novco1968tbs.com>
  <https://nwflorida.info>

Only the first is using CGI currently, but I would like to expand most
of the others to use some dynamic pages.

Readers may be interested in the second site which has my own
implementation of an animated steam loco and cars regularly crossing
the front page.  The scene includes flashing signals at a highway
crossing.  The scene uses only svg and html 5 code (and non-animated
css).

Thanks.

Best regards,

-Tom