[dancer-users] Template Toolkit Help

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 14:36:51 BST 2015

> On Thu, 2015-10-01 at 16:10 -0500, Richard Reina wrote:
> > Both forms have submit buttons but I am not sure how to make the POST
> > route understand that the user is done with the form so that I can in
> > turn make it save the data.
>
> You can differentiate between submit buttons by checking for the name of
> the submitted button, just like any other control on the form.
>
> If I've understood correctly, then I'd just have the one form, and use
> different submit button names.
>
> Andy

So provided that I have named one button with name="add_entries" and the
second name="submit_entries" could i just do the following in my dancer app:

post '/entries_form' => sub {

    if (defined param('add_entries')) { # the source of this submission was
the add_entries button

         # qualify and summarize addition

   } elsif (defined param('submit_entries')) {

}