[dancer-users] Dancer2 deployment

Lyn St George lyn at zolotek.net
Wed Nov 25 10:46:03 GMT 2015

On Wednesday 25 November 2015 10:11:16 Zahir Lalani wrote:
> Would be very interested in the recipe please.
>
> We are well under way with a major development on starman, but have not
> tested under load yet - so you email caused me concern. Any other opinions
> on the views presented by Hermann?

Another upvote for uwsgi - it's lightweight, powerful, infinitely configurable
and well supported. Basic usage is very simple: nginx has native support
 and just needs something like:
      location / {
          include uwsgi_params;
		  uwsgi_pass unix:///home/dev/turtle/run/turtle.sock; # this or
the tcp version below
		# uwsgi_pass 127.0.0.1:3077; # this allows separate uids for each
app
		  uwsgi_modifier1 5;
		}

and then a basic app_name.ini at the same level as your config.yml
with something like (from my local dev site)
[uwsgi]
uid = ic
gid = ic
socket = /home/dev/turtle/run/turtle.sock
pidfile = /home/dev/turtle/run/turtle.pid
psgi = /home/dev/turtle/bin/turtle.pl
cheaper = 2
cheaper-initial = 5
workers = 15
master = true
daemonize = true
harakiri = 30

and an /etc/init.d/app rc file to control it, something like (on Gentoo
anyway):

prog="/usr/bin/uwsgi"
prog_name="Turtle on Dancer with uWSGI"
config="/home/dev/turtle/turtle.ini"
pidfile="/home/dev/turtle/run/turtle.pid "

start() {
    echo -n $"Starting $prog_name: "
    exec $prog --plugins psgi $config
    retval=$?
    echo
    [ $retval -eq 0 ]
    return $retval
}

Uwsgi has an absolute shed load of options over and above this, and I too
would be very interested in seeing this recipe from Herman.

Cheers
Lyn