[dancer-users] Non-blocking stuff

David H untg99 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 00:05:42 GMT 2015

Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice/pointers on having stuff non-block in my code.
I have an application which runs on Dancer2 and is ~12,000 lines of code.
It is actually (currently) four separate applications.
It works really really well at the moment but for one thing, and that is
that it continually blocks on pretty much everything. I've tried various
solutions including starman which doesn't seem to run its allocated 10
workers for some reason.
I've seen the model of nodejs and I'm looking for something similar to the
call-back event non-blocking model of nodejs.
I've tried using the apache road but that seems to recompile on every
request, which adds ~ 1.5 seconds to each request, since that is the
application startup time.

Keen to see how other people solve this.

Thanks,

David