[dancer-users] Dancer2::Plugin::Database side effects?

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Sat Nov 7 22:41:56 GMT 2015

On Thu, 2015-09-24 at 07:17 +0300, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> just to let you know, in this thread each one of the messages you sent
> ended up in the spam folder of my Gmail account. Even after I marked
> the previous ones as "not spam". The e-mails from other people got
> into my indbox. The report Gmail gave me was:
>
> "It has a from address in yahoo.com but has failed yahoo.com's
> required tests for authentication. "
>
> and linked to this explanation:
> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1366858?hl=en&expand=5
>
> I don't know why did this happen,

It's because Yahoo sign their outgoing emails with DMARC, which
basically makes them unsuitable for use with mailing lists (the mailing
list is not authorised to send emails on the user's behalf, which is
essentially what is happening here).

There are messy workarounds for mailing lists, but in the short term I
wouldn't use a Yahoo email address with a mailing list.

Gmail will be making the same change sometime next year, but hopefully
by then ARC will be implemented which will provide a potential fix.

Andy