[dancer-users] Dancer2::Session::DBIC

Brendon Oliver brendon.oliver at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 01:25:54 GMT 2015

Hi all,

Just messing with this module and discovered that it ignores the
data_column value given in the settings.

In _retrieve() - circa line 191:
    my $session_data = $session_object->session_data;

needs to be something like:
    my $data_column  = $self->data_column();
    my $session_data = $session_object->$data_column();

Curious too: why doesn't this module use Dancer2::Plugin::DBIC ?  I'm
already using DBIC elsewhere in my application and it seems silly /
redundant to me to have to define the connect string in two different
places in the config.  Seems to me it'd be far simpler to just have the
config nominate which DBIC 'schema' connection to use and simply fall back
to 'default' if none is provided.

 (as an aside, I'm also working on a DBIC provider for
D2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible for the same reason - to reuse the existing
DBIC config, but retaining the user-definable table structures as per the
Database provider).

cheers,

- Brendon