[dancer-users] Horizontal Scaling

Mirko Iannella mirko at iannella.sh
Mon Feb 23 17:48:45 GMT 2015

Il 23/02/15 11:16, Zahir Lalani ha scritto:
> Hi
>
> We are building an app which will be required to scale easily as it is expected to grow in use. From my previous job we had a good model (java based) for scaling where we could add n nodes easily as the number of users grew. I am now thinking about how I can achieve the same here, and want to get input from you guys.
>
> I am currently looking at either memcached/redis as the session stores. We previously used couchbase and that worked very well. Has anyone had any experience of these session stores with Dancer?
>
> The next item is the actual web server mechanism. Starman seems to be mentioned a lot, but I will be honest and say I do not know much about the Plack ecosystem. I am very used to using Apache (driving a Java container) and would like to continue with Apache as it allows us to do some wonderful tricks. Raw cgi seems a waste as its performance will not be good. I have seen articles that use starman behind apache but was wondering if any of you guys had direct experience of this, or what your recommendations would be.
>
> Ultimately we will need to be able to deploy n+1 nodes of the app layer behind a  load balancer.
>
> Your experience in this would be appreciated

Hello,
I typically use uWSGI, a very fast application server that supports PSGI
[1] and integrates nicely with Apache via mod_proxy_uwsgi [2].

It can even work as a load-balancer, sitting between your apache and the
various uWSGI instances [3]

[1] http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/PSGIquickstart.html
[2] http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Apache.html
[3] http://uwsgi-docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/Fastrouter.html