[dancer-users] Updates to Dancer2::Plugin::Auth::Extensible

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 13:30:19 GMT 2015

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015 13:11:42 +0000
Andrew Beverley <andy at andybev.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-02-16 at 08:41 +0100, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:
> > PRs in Github are definitely a good way :-).
>
> So, I've done my first PR, which is actually a result of my inability
> to write a config file ;-)
>
> https://github.com/racke/Dancer2-Plugin-Auth-Extensible/pull/6

Awesome - good call - if it's tripped you up, it probably has, or will,
cause others trouble too!

One thing I'd really like is to see DPAE for D1 & D2 merged into a
single repo/codebase as we have for D::P::Database, with a shared
"core" and D1 and D2 "wrappers".

Well, actually, what I'd *really* like is a univeral D1/D2 compatible
plugin architecture, perhaps as a Dancer::Plugin::Universal base class
that provides the same API to modules regardless of the Dancer version
they're running under, and use that - there's been talk of doing such a
thing, but I haven't had time to try it, and, as far as I know, neither
have others.