[dancer-users] Dancer::Plugin2

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Sun Feb 8 14:24:37 GMT 2015

On Sun, 8 Feb 2015 10:21:52 +0100 (CET)
Henk van Oers <hvo.pm at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> What if there is a module Dancer::Plugin2 (or Dancer2::Plugin2)
> that detects the Dancer version
> and in the D1 case constructs a real $dsl object?
>
> Can this help to write D1 plugins the D2 way?
>
> And then make DRY plugins under this new namespace?

This is something I've really wanted to find time to attempt - a
universal plugin API module that plugins could inherit from, and write
code using that API which would work the same in D1 & D2.

Unfortunately, a tuit shortage has prevented me from it, so far; I
think it'd need some fairly careful design to be useful, but if
achieved, it'd be fantastic.

Perhaps it's something we could collaborate on?