[dancer-users] list order from a hash

Richard Reina gatorreina at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 14:51:05 BST 2015

I have this table data that I load into a template as follows.

  $q = "SELECT ID, NAME
                FROM jobs
                ORDER BY NAME";
       $sth = $dbh->prepare($q);
       $sth->execute();
       my $Jobs_ref = $sth->fetchall_hashref('ID');

    template 'sport_add.tt', {

    'Jobs' => $Jobs_ref,
    'Testing'   => "This is text to test to make sure this will come
through",
      # to test, use this like <% Testing %> on your template page

}, {};

To display it in the template as a drop-down select I do:

    <select class="selectpicker" name="jobselect" id="jobselect"
style="width: 500px;">
              <% FOREACH ID IN Jobs.keys %>
        <option value="<% Jobs.$ID.ID %>"><% Jobs.$ID.NAME %></option>
        <% END %>

And it works great. Except for one thing, the list is not in order by name.
I have read more than a few posts about how once you save a query as a
hashref that the order is lost. Most of those posts suggested fetching as a
arrayref instead. However, I have no idea how to do that and then display
it in a select like the above code does. So I wanted to see if somebody
perhaps knows of a not too complicated of a solution to get the select list
into alphabetical order by name.

Thanks