[dancer-users] passing a variable to a new subroutine route

WK wanradt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 00:08:34 BST 2015

> PLEASE IGNORE MY POST SENT MOMENTS AGO. I WAS NOT FINISHED TYPING.

I think, in your previous post you were much closer to the needed pattern.

>  post '/mypage' => sub { # let user make a selection
>
>     my $select_id = params->{Sselect};
>
>     print "\n\nLooks Like They Selected No: $select_id\n\n";

Printing here is not good idea.

>     # look up DB records corresponding to $select_id;
>
>     # store them in hash refrence $sel_ref

Nope. If you need to store users posted data in DB, you redirect them
afterwards to another route (/sport_add/$sele) and look up from DB
there (get your $self_ref).

If you don't need to store, you don't have need for post-route at all.

And your get-route would look like:

get '/sport_add/:id' => sub {
  my ( $id ) = splat;
  # DB query by ID