[dancer-users] D2 config.yml ignoring "port"

Warren Young wyml at etr-usa.com
Sat Aug 8 00:08:34 BST 2015

I’ve been using D1, and just tried a fresh D2 app, and ran into a TCP port conflict, so I tried adding

   port: 5005

to the config.yml file generated by “dancer2 -a testapp”.  On restarting, it again tries binding to TCP port 5000, not 5005.  I had to pass --port 5005 to plackup to get the setting to take effect.

According to this page:

  https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer2::Config#port-int

the D1 setting still applies to D2.  It’s outdated at least insofar as it claims that the default port is 3000.  Did this setting simply go away with the move to D2?