[dancer-users] About template and main layout

Andrew Beverley andy at andybev.com
Wed Apr 8 16:41:25 BST 2015

On Wed, 2015-04-08 at 15:30 +0300, Kadir Beyazlı wrote:
> get '/' => sub {
>      "hello"
> };
>
> start;
>

> When I run it  and write http://localhost:3000/ to browser I see word
> 'hello' but I don't see layout info of main.tt.

I haven't checked for sure, but I suspect main.tt is only used when you
use the template keyword. You'll need something like:

get '/' => sub {
    template 'hello';
};

Where "hello" is another template called hello.tt

> Another problem is that I change code as follow:

> get '/' => sub {
>     template 'mytemplate.tt', {
>         'word' => 'test',
>   };
> };

> When I open web page I see error message, and at console there is
> following error message:
>
> /home/kadir/DancerExamples/willbe/public/views/mytemplate.tt is not a
> regular file or reference

It appears to be looking for the template in your public/views directory

> content of mytemplate.tt is very simple again
>
> MyApp/views/mytemplate.tt

But your template is in MyApp/views. The latter is where I'd expect it
to be, so have you configured your templates to be in an alternative
location?

Andy