[dancer-users] Adopting Dancer::Plugin::Passphrase

James Ronan james at ronanweb.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 09:17:29 BST 2014

Hi David,

On 17/09/14 19:18, David Golden wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 4:33 AM, James Ronan <james at ronanweb.co.uk
> <mailto:james at ronanweb.co.uk>> wrote:
>

>     If it helps, as his friend, I agree to it on his behalf ;)
>

> James,
>
> Requests to the Dancer project for information/details on James' passing
> were not returned, so James' modules weren't put into the usual
> "custodial" status.  Was an obituary published or are there additional
> details that can be shared to corroborate what happened?

As James was estranged from his family it took some time for them to be
tracked down, and as a result it's been difficult for us to get any more
information.

As far as we know, the accident he had a couple of months previous to
his passing - where by he was struck by a motor vehicle whilst on foot -
was the underlying cause.

When he returned to work, and we spent some time talking, he told me
that the doctors had confirmed that he had some form of damage to his
brain, but they were happy he was showing good progress with healing and
so he was allowed to return to work.  Over the course of those 2 months
the injury to his leg was well on it's way to healing and he no longer
required the walking stick he was using.

About a week later we didn't hear from James for the tail end of a week
(This was not uncommon as we all telecommute and occasionally we just
get on with what we're doing). The shock came on the Monday morning when
we had a message from his girlfriend that he had passed away.
The details weren't clear, he had apparently returned to hospital
because he was feeling unwell, as to whether he passed away in hospital
or was again released we're unsure.  Needless to say we didn't really
press his girlfriend for more information given the situation.

I can confirm however that due to the support of his friends, the Perl
community and even some complete strangers, that James did get a decent
funeral and a proper send off. So my personal thanks to all those that
contributed, as it was a send off he deserved.

Hope this helps shed some light, and allows us to keep James' modules going.

Thanks again,
JamesR

--
James Ronan