[dancer-users] Recent Perl 5.8 compatibility breakage: mro

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Mon Sep 15 20:33:07 BST 2014

On 9/15/2014 13:09, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
> When mro was first introduced, MRO::Compat was created for older perls;
> with any luck, it can be used for Dancer.

This problem appears to be due to t/lib/TestPluginMRO.pm.  There isn't a
"use mro" anywhere else in the 1.3129 dist tree.

Changing the "use mro 'c3'" line to reference MRO::Compat allows it to
pass "make test," and it appears to now run.  (More testing required.)

By walking back through the versions, it appears this breakage was
introduced in 1.3126.  Unfortunately, there was no announcement on the
list for 1.3.126, so I can't guess what change required this.