[dancer-users] Dancer 1 or Dancer 2?

Stefan Hornburg (Racke) racke at linuxia.de
Fri Sep 12 14:21:24 BST 2014

On 09/12/2014 02:35 PM, Sawyer X wrote:
> Unfortunately that is a terrible example. The concept of blocking all requests in a before() hook is... let's say, naive. In reality you would like to simply block specific requests according to session, a la David Golden's Auth::Tiny.
>
> The before hooks are basically run on every request. Static files are now served through the File handler. That means it will trigger the before hooks because it's a normal request.
> I would love to do it using the Static middleware, but then it will happen before a route check on it, so we can't have that.

I still disagree with this change of behaviour from Dancer 1 to Dancer 2. What is the benefit of calling before hook for public files?
Also in a production environment you might deliver static files with some other software (Nginx, ...) and you loose control on
these public files anyway.

Regards
	Racke

--