[dancer-users] Dancer2 Roadmap - your help needed!

Jacques Lareau jack.lareau at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 22:00:40 BST 2014

A style guide (mostly for plugins). I'm a big fan of johnpapa's AngularJS
style guide <https://github.com/johnpapa/angularjs-styleguide>.

I think it would benefit mostly plugins development. If you take a look at
3 major plugins source: Database
<https://metacpan.org/source/AMBS/Dancer2-Plugin-Database-2.10/lib/Dancer2/Plugin/Database.pm>,
REST
<https://metacpan.org/source/YANICK/Dancer2-Plugin-REST-0.24/lib/Dancer2/Plugin/REST.pm>
and DBIC
<https://metacpan.org/source/IRONCAMEL/Dancer2-Plugin-DBIC-0.0006/lib/Dancer2/Plugin/DBIC.pm>
.
3 different ways to register keywords ( sub anonymous vs ref ). Different
version and abstract declarations. die vs croak. Show keyword declarations
at top or bottom?

Maybe a style guide on how to decouple business logic from dancer routes
(file splitting, modules for business).

But I understand that style guide's are highly opinionated and may not suit
every team or project. But a general one would be better than nothing in my
opinion. Or maybe a style guide has nothing to do with Dancer2 core...