[dancer-users] Looking for a developer...

Richard Jones ra.jones at dpw.clara.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 20:19:09 BST 2014

Hello Mike,

I was very interested to read about your experience. I'm not touting for
the job as I have a full-time job already. But just to say I'm a recent
convert to Dancer2 from developing long-term with
CGI::Application/RBDO/MySQL. I'm most interested in how you integrated
Rose with Dancer. I haven't tried it yet as all my recent apps are small
enough to use DBIx::Simple, but I'm planning a bigger one that will need
an ORM. Do you use the MVC architecture? Do you use an adapter class for
Rose or just rely on the Dancer DB plugin? Is your project open source
or are you not able to expose the code base publicly?

Good luck recruiting.

On 10/09/2014 19:39, Mike Schroeder wrote:
> Hi all - I've been using Dancer for years and have watched this list
> for years - thank you to everyone for a great framework.
>
> In my new role at a new company (an audio engineering and production
> school), I searched for an off the shelf system to do what I wanted,
> and finally gave up and wrote my own.  Dancer, Rose::DB::Object,
> Bootstrap and MySQL - amazing what you can do in 3-4 months of spare
> time :)
>
> The project is up and in production, running well, and now we are
> wanting to add more features, etc.  I am too busy doing my real job
> (CEO) to have the time to do the development work on the system.
>
> I'm looking for someone who can can SSH into our servers from
> anywhere, work within my existing architecture to extend and add
> features, refactor some of my prototype code (it's not horrible, but I
> know it could be better), and help move the project forward.
>
> The ideal candidate would have experience with Dancer,
> Rose::DB::Object, Bootstrap and MySQL.  There is also a POE-based
> daemon using Rose::DB::Object running alongside for long-running
> asynchronous job handling, so POE experience would be helpful as well.
>
> This is not a full-time job - more project based work to add new
> features, etc.  I expect to keep building this out over the next year,
> so I'm looking for a good long term partner to work with. I'm ok with
> different timezones, as long as we can find some common time for Skype
> etc. (I'm in Vancouver, so Pacific Timezone).
>
> If you are interested, you can send an email to mike at
> nimbusrecording dot com.  Let me know your experience and expectations
> for payment.
>
> Thanks all - I really appreciate the Dancer community and what it
> allows us all to create.
>
> Best,
>
> Mike.

Richard Jones