[dancer-users] Official Docker image for Dancer?

Jakob Voß Jakob.Voss at gbv.de
Wed Oct 1 08:15:45 BST 2014

Hi,

Peter Martini has created a Docker image for Dancer, which I have
contributed to:

https://github.com/PeterMartini/docker-dancer
https://registry.hub.docker.com/u/petermartini/docker-dancer/

If this is ok to Peter, I'd prefer this to be an official repository at
https://github.com/PerlDancer. You should also create an Docker
organization account for the Dancer community:
https://hub.docker.com/account/organizations/

The current documentation could be extended to a tutorial.
Rob N already did good work here: http://robn.io/docker-perl/
(I'm not sure we should recommend the git glone approach as *only* way
to build your dancer application image, one could also use "COPY" in a
Dockerfile and "docker build"). A similar tutorial for another language
is https://docs.docker.com/examples/nodejs_web_app/.

Anyway: I think that an (or multiple) official Docker images for Dancer
could improve the visibility and usability of Dancer framework a lot.

Cheers,
Jakob

P.S: If Task::Dancer wasn't stalled (no updates since 2012?!) I'd
recommend to install Task::Dancer instead of just Dancer

--
Jakob Voß <jakob.voss at gbv.de>
Platz der Goettinger Sieben 1, 37073 Göttingen, Germany