[dancer-users] New Dancer2 release: 0.154000
xsawyerx at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 15:27:33 GMT 2014
We've just released a new Dancer2 version, approximately two weeks after
the previous one.
This version contains quite a few changes. In statistics:
* Github issues resolved: 21
* Bugs resolved: 7
* Enhancements introduced: 12
* Documentation changes: 6
* Total changes introduced: 25
* Serializers always serialize, no matter what. This is important!
* Static files are finally served before routes and don't create a new
route. This is huge!
* Catching template rendering errors. Very crucial!
* Should fix Windows testing errors. Sorry about that!
* Named params can be freely mixed with splat and megasplat. Woohoo!
* New testing manual! See: Dancer2::Manual::Testing.
* You can disable "Server" tokens header. Finally!
Thank you to everyone who worked on this release (in order of appearance):
Sawyer X, Russell Jenkins, Steven Humphrey, Theo Van Hoesel, Mickey
Nasriachi, Omar M. Othman, Dávid Kovács (DavsX), and Johan Spade.
The entire changelog is available below:
0.154000 2014-11-17 15:36:31+01:00 Europe/Amsterdam
[ BUG FIXES ]
* GH #744: Serialize anything, not just references. (Sawyer X)
* GH #744: Serialize regardless of content_type of serializer. (Sawyer
* GH #764: Catch template render errors. (Russell Jenkins, Steven
* Calling uri_for(undef) doesn't crash. (Sawyer X)
* GH #732: Correct name for 403 (Forbidden, not Unauthorized).
(Theo van Hoesel, Sawyer X, Mickey Nasriachi, Omar M. Othman)
* GH #753: Syntax of parameterized types. (Russell Jenkins)
* GH #734: Failing tests on Windows. (Russell Jenkins, Sawyer X)
[ ENHANCEMENTS ]
* GH #664, #684, #715: Handler::File replaced for static files with
Plack::Middleware::Static, allowing files to be served *before*
This means hooks do not apply to static files anymore!
(Russell Jenkins, DavsX)
* Engines now have "logger" attribute to log errors. It sends the
Dancer2::Logger:: object, if one exists. (Sawyer X)
* Serializers do not need to implement "loaded" method. (Sawyer X)
* GH #733: In core: response_xxx removed in favor of generic
standard_response. (Sawyer X, Mickey Nasriachi, Omar M. Othman)
* GH #514, #642, #729: Allow mixing named params, splat, and
megasplat. (Russell Jenkins, Johan Spade, Dávid Kovács)
* GH #596: no_server_tokens works, as well as DANCER_NO_SERVER_TOKENS.
(Omar M. Othman, Sawyer X, Mickey Nasriachi)
* GH #639: Validate engine types in configuration.
(Sawyer X, Omar M. Othman, Mickey Nasriachi, Russell Jenkins)
* GH #663, #741: Remove "accept_type" attribute and other references.
(Mickey Nasriachi, Theo van Hoesel)
* GH #748: Provide forwarded_host, forwarded_protocol. (Sawyer X)
* GH #748: Do not provide a default env, require env for a request.
* GH #742: Update test skeleton to use to_app. (Dávid Kovács)
* GH #636: Use Plack::Test in more tests. (Dávid Kovács)
[ DOCUMENTATION ]
* GH #656: Dancer2::Manual::Testing as a guide for testing Dancer2
applications. (Sawyer X)
* Improved documentation of route matching. (Russell Jenkins)
* Migration document update relating to enhancements.
(Sawyer X, Mickey Nasriachi)
* GH #731: Document changes in session.
(racke, Sawyer X, Mickey Nasriachi, Omar M. Othman)
* Document "id" attribute in Request object. (Sawyer X)
* Correct Cookbook examples on command line scripts. (Sawyer X)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the dancer-users