[dancer-users] Dancer::Plugin::Database - unable to open database

Gert van Oss gertvanoss at me.com
Fri May 30 09:26:46 BST 2014

hello Dancers,

I’m trying to use Dancer::Plugin::Database. The database is a sqlite-file that only serves as datafile so I’m not writing to the database in my app. If I run my app on the server with the command ‘perl bin/app.pl’ everything works just fine. All data is shown on the pages as expected.

If, however I startup the app while making use of Starman (I took guidance of the article on the perlmaven site) I get the message that the app is unable to open the database. Up until now I worked around the problem to store all my data in json-files and create multiple ‘selection/sorts’ by using hashes and arrays but that is becoming a bit difficult to maintain.

The error log gives two lines

DBI connect('dbname=all.sqlite','',...) failed: unable to open database file at /home/gertmt/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.20.0/lib/site_perl/5.20.0/Dancer/Plugin/Database/Core.pm line 259.

Database connection failed - unable to open database file in /home/gertmt/perl5/perlbrew/perls/perl-5.20.0/lib/site_perl/5.20.0/Dancer/Plugin/Database.pm l. 28

these might explain the problem however I have no idea where to start. Is there someone who had to deal with this issue?

Thanks,
Gert