[dancer-users] Lock session files with Dancer2::Session::YAML?

Maxwell Carey mcarey at ucar.edu
Wed May 7 22:05:20 BST 2014

On 05/07/2014 02:43 PM, ???? ?????????? wrote:
> By the way, It is not safe to use YAML sessions with production site.
> I used YAML sessions in Dancer1 app and pretty soon there appeared
> tons of files with sessions and evrything broke, because there was no
> free inodes.

The documentation for Dancer2::Session::YAML
<https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer2::Session::YAML#DESCRIPTION>, at least,
says otherwise:

This backend an [sic] perfectly be used in production environments, but
two things should be kept in mind: The content of the session files is
in plain text, and the session files should be purged by a CRON job.

I haven't had any problems like you describe, so perhaps your issue was
limited to Dancer::Session::YAML, which according to the docs
<https://metacpan.org/pod/Dancer::Session::YAML#DESCRIPTION> is "not
recommended...in production environments." Either that, or you just have
too many visitors to your site ;)