[dancer-users] UTF-8 in form POST

Hugues hugues at max4mail.com
Sat Jun 28 12:52:58 BST 2014

Hello
I'm french and there are lot of spécial caractères in my Dancer App,

é à ç etc...

I use this config.yml

charset: "UTF-8"

template: "template_toolkit"

engines:
    template_toolkit:
      encoding:  'utf8'
      start_tag: '[%'
      end_tag:   '%]'

plugins:
     Database:
         connections:
                    db:
                           driver:   'mysql'
                           database: 'asav'
                           host:     'localhost'
                           port:     3306
                           username: 'username'
                           password: 'password'
                           connection_check_threshold: 10
                           dbi_params:
                                       RaiseError: 1
                                       AutoCommit: 1
                                       mysql_enable_utf8 : 1
                                       charset: utf8
                           log_queries: 1

all is completely transparency - I use this locale config in my centos 6.5

locale
LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="fr_FR.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

mysql> show create database db;
+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| Database | Create Database                                               |
+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------+
| db     | CREATE DATABASE `db` /*!40100 DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 */ |
+----------+---------------------------------------------------------------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

I use debug cmd to show data for debuging in console - all works well

I use redis or YAML , please do not use  session JSON, there are a bug
with accents when you get data with accents stored in session.

#session: 'YAML'
session: 'Redis'
#session: "JSON"

I start with

use utf8; on each lib.pm

bye
Hugues.

Le 27/06/2014 20:24, WK a écrit :

> <mailto:warren at etr-usa.com>>:
>
>     I think Dancer::Logger::Console should do that when config.yml
>     contains charset: "UTF-8".
>

> I agree.
>
>     My test case boiled things down too far.  My real issue was
>     different. It was yet another case of me thinking Perl somehow
>     tags strings with their source encoding, so that data coming from
>     a UTF-8 source and going out to a UTF-8 sink wouldn't need
>     translation.  I needed to add an explicit encode('utf-8', $s)
>     wrapper to that code path.
>

> I have had lot problems with UTF-8. I think, main point which made
> things simpler for me:
>
> Perl uses internally _unicode_ strings. So everything coming in or
> going out needs decoding or encoding. Without explicitly doing so, all
> strings are treated as being ASCII/Latin1 encoded.
>
> For me main problem is: in core is nothing to turn every input/output
> automatically convert from/to utf-8. Every user has to write pretty
> boring boilerplate to cover all possibilities. I use utf8::all for
> this, but some are criticizing it.
>
> --
> Wbr,
> Kõike hääd,