[dancer-users] Problem using jquery UI in Dancer

Sullivan Beck sbeck at cpan.org
Wed Jun 11 14:59:40 BST 2014

I've using Dancer 1.3115 on OpenSuSE 13.1.  I've downloaded jquery
1.11.1 and the datepick plugin from http://keith-wood.name/datepick.html.

I took the simplest test script from the datepick home page (and
stripped it down to a single popup calendar -- that's the functionality
I want) and put it in a very simple Dancer script. Unfortunately,
although the HTML produced is correct, the Dancer script isn't working.

When I run the dancer script and point my browser at it, I see a text
box asking for a date.  If I click in the box, no calendar pops up to
select the date.

If I view the page source and copy the html into a dancer2.html file and
open that file up in my browser and it works great.  I see the same
page, and clicking in the box pops up the calendar.

I'm a fairly recent user of Dancer, but I'm really liking it and want to
use it for a project but I really need the datepicker to work.

Any suggestions?

I'm attaching the dancer2.pl script and the HTML it generates. My setup
is that I have dancer2.pl and dancer2.html in a directory and a
subdirectory jquery containing both jquery and the datepicker plugin
(both completely unmodified).