[dancer-users] Confused about types and globals

Yanick Champoux yanick at babyl.dyndns.org
Thu Jan 23 16:58:22 GMT 2014

On 1/23/2014, 10:54 AM, Warren Young wrote:
 > Is there any hope that Dancer2 will stabilize during that time?

It's hard to say. Most of the Dancer team is working on the project
during the little free time they have, so progress tends to come in
sporadic spurts.

 > We don't want to go through all this work, then be looking at another
big rewrite 2-3 years from now because Dancer1 has become a ghost town,
as Apache::ASP is now.

It's always possible that Dancer itself as a platform will fall out of
favor. But as for the eventual eclipsing of Dancer1 for Dancer2, I think
it's less of a adoption danger. The DSL and most of the interface are
the same for both incarnation. Migrating a project from Dancer 1 to
Dancer 2 should be a matter of a few tweaks and nothing close to a
rewrite (and I know, I keep going back and forth between D1 and D2 in my
own stuff). Of course, there are also the state of the plugins to
consider on both incarnation, but usually if there a plugin missing for
one version, it doesn't take long for somebody to migrate it.

Joy,
`/anick