[dancer-users] send_error() message strings lost running under Apache cgi?

tednolan at bellsouth.net tednolan at bellsouth.net
Fri Jan 17 18:28:12 GMT 2014

Hello folks,

While building my dancer (Dancer 1.312) app with XML serialization, I
have been running in standalone mode.  Now I need to deploy under
apache with cgi, given that I need the SSL support and multiple
connection support that gives, and since apache is the server we are
already running.

I followed the deployment instructions, and can no access my app
through the apache/cgi mechanism.

However:

When I was running standalone, on the client side I was seeing all the
messages I was sending with:

	send_error("my explanation of the problem", HTTP_CODE)

under apache, it appears I just get the HTTP_CODE and some generic
message.  I don't seem to be getting the XML serialized "error" parameter
at all.

Is this a known issue?  Is there a work around?  I would hate to have to
try to figure out a standalone deployment with forking and SSL..

Thanks!

Ted Nolan