[dancer-users] updating a form

Daniel Perrett dperrett at cambridge.org
Mon Feb 10 13:58:19 GMT 2014

Remove  disabled="disabled" and hide from the user with CSS. If it's
disabled, I believe it won't be submitted.

Daniel

From:   Gert van Oss <gertvanoss at me.com>
Date:   10/02/2014 13:53
Subject:        Re: [dancer-users] updating a form
Sent by:        dancer-users-bounces at dancer.pm

On 10 Feb 2014, at 14:48, Stefan Hornburg (Racke) <racke at linuxia.de>
wrote:

On 02/10/2014 02:37 PM, Gert van Oss wrote:
Hi,

I?m trying to build a small app to comment on images. Probably I?m almost
there but currently stuck with updating a ?file.yml' by a html-form.

I?ve made two routes (shown below) ?get ?/:id/edit? for showing the form
with the particular image to comment on. When hitting save the ?post
?/edit? will be called. My problem is that the post route doesn?t have the

$id initialised. Is there someone around who can tell me how to solve this

or point to me what I?m doing wrong?

Do you have a hidden from field in your form which passes the id to the
post route?

Regards
Racke

I don?t have a hidden field. I tried but then still wasn?t successful.
(see below.. I skipped some fields)

<form method="post" action="/edit">

<input type="text" name="id" id="id" value="[% data.id %]"
disabled="disabled"/>

<textarea name="description" rows="20" cols="20" id="Description">[%
data.description %]</textarea>

<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Save" class="submit-button" />
</form>