[dancer-users] Cannot instal Dancer2-Plugin-Passphrase-v2.0.4 - No DSL object found

Sawyer X xsawyerx at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 15:46:55 GMT 2014

The problem is that it makes us accountable for every plugin, and I
definitely don't want that.

It's great to see Dancer as an ecosystem but we can't account for all
plugins, their changes, their authors, their design, and their problems. We
would need to keep our documentation up-to-date on all plugins and I'm not
sure that's a good idea.

I think racke's suggestion of providing a place to list plugin information
(such as "we know these exist" or perhaps "the following are known to work
on the latest version", etc.) but this has been proven difficult to
maintain. Hell, the module we used to check whether plugins started having
problems at some point too.

While I understand the desire, I'm not sure it's something we can and
should be doing.
(not that I'm saying no, I'm simply raising the problem with it because I
don't know what to do with it yet.)