[dancer-users] plack middlewares not loaded from config.yml

Pierre M piemas25 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 13:39:36 BST 2013

Hi dancers, I manage to load Plack middlewares from app.pl, but not from
the config.yml file.

    *** In *app.pl* I have:

use Plack::Builder;
builder {
    enable 'Debug', panels =>
    [qw<Memory Timer>];

    HabitLab->dance;
};

which works.

    *** Here is what i put in *config.yml* instead (and which doesn't work)
:
layout: "main"

plack_middlewares:
 -
  - Debug
  - panels
  -
   - Memory
   - Timer

I know that the config file is used, because my layout is used.
And I know that this YAML is valid, and produces the following structure
(outputed with Data::Printer) :
\ {
    plack_middlewares   [
        [0] [
            [0] "Debug",
            [1] "panels",
            [2] [
                [0] "Memory",
                [1] "Timer",
           ]
        ]
    ]
}

What I don't understand, is why the middleware doesn't work in this case.

Any idea?

I've followed the examples from here and there:
http://advent.perldancer.org/2011/16
http://search.cpan.org/dist/Dancer/lib/Dancer/Cookbook.pod#Plack_middlewares