[dancer-users] Refresh a Route periodically

Anand Meher kvmsanand at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 22:56:37 BST 2013

Dear Perl Dancer Experts,
                                       I am new to perl dancer. Thank you
for the dancer framework. I could ramp-up quickly w.r.t using dancer
framework to develop simple web-pages.

I am trying to develop a webpage where I would like to have contents of a
webpage refreshed (say after every x seconds).

I briefly went through the mailing lists and other sites and I figured out
that AnyEvent from Twiggy might be one solution to do it.

I wanted to solve the problem by redirecting a route to itself after every
x seconds.

something like :

get '/' => sub {

        $w = AnyEvent->timer(after => 1, interval => 15, cb => sub {

  # do some database retrievals

                redirect "/";

        });

        template 'index';

};

Could you please suggest if this will work , or if there is any other
better and easier way to do it.

Also  : When I try installing Twiggy by using cpanm Twiggy, the
installation gets stuck at the point "Building and testing
Test-SharedFork-0.21 ...". I am using a windows 64 bit machine with
strawberry perl, with version - 5.10.1.

could you please help with a solution for this?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards
Ajay MK