[dancer-users] Sessions in D2 (was Before Hook hit multiple times).

David Golden xdg at xdg.me
Thu Jan 3 21:23:30 GMT 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Alexis Sukrieh <sukria at sukria.net> wrote:

> I don't get it. Do you have something that works (or is supported) in Dancer
> 1 regarding session that is not in Dancer 2? If so, please enlight that, and
> I'd be very happy to fix it.

Look at the configuration values of Dancer::Session::Abstract.  Are
all supported in D2?

Hint: ack for "session_name" in the D2 source tree, then ack for
"dancer\.session".

Sessions happened to be the very first thing I was curious about in
D2, given bugs I was finding in D1.  Then I looked and found a big
oversight like session configuration apparently unimplemented.

If I find that in the first place I look, should I expect similar
oversights elsewhere?  Do I need to grok the entire architecture and
do a code review to be sure?  Maybe I was (un)lucky and found the one
place that still has issues, but it's that kind of thing that makes me
uncomfortable switching.

Did I do a code review of D1?  No.  But then I expect that a large
number of people using it for a few years have found the issues
already.  (Part of why I came to use Dancer is that it has already
been well-established.)  On the surface, D2 looks like D1, but it's
such a re-write that I don't want to be a super-early-adopter and
certainly not until the unimplemented sections I did find are fixed.

David

--
David Golden <xdg at xdg.me>
Twitter/IRC: @xdg