[dancer-users] Using Dancer2 as a website framework

Alfie John alfiej at opera.com
Wed Aug 28 21:58:38 BST 2013

Hi Greg,

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013, at 08:21 PM, Greg Kempe wrote:
> We're exploring two options:
>
>  1. use Dancer to build the entire website
>  2. use Dancer to power a thin REST API around the library and use another framework (eg. in Python) to build the rich website experience.

Why not both? I would suggest something like nginx as a frontend which
passes the request up to your Dancer API, Python CGI, Ruby CGI, static
HTML files (generated from Perl, Python etc) etc. That way, it doesn't
matter what you write your front/backend in. It's configurable all the
way down.

Alfie

--
  Alfie John