[dancer-users] dancer deployment with chef - psgi cookbook

Alexey Melezhik melezhik at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 11:55:50 BST 2013

Hi David! psgi_application resource does not handle dependencies, it only
installs init scripts for different psgi/plack applications. Dependencies
is different task, my current approach is to build all dependencies on
dedicated server (I don't need chef for it, I use jenkins pelr plugin (
https://github.com/melezhik/perl-plugin) for it ) and then install all (now
with chef) as archive ready to use without compiling/installing anything on
target server.

I'll think about some introduction into psgi coobook, but some explanations
may be found on http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/psgi or on
https://github.com/melezhik/cookbooks/tree/master/psgi