[Dancer-users] Web-front end for long-running processes

Assaf Gordon gordon at cshl.edu
Thu Sep 20 18:27:05 CEST 2012

damien krotkine wrote, On 09/20/2012 11:58 AM:
> WebSockets !
>

> http://www.slideshare.net/dkrotkine/dancing-with-websocket

Sounds interesting, I'll have to brush-up on HTML5-ism.
But this only takes care of the server-client side communication, not the unix process handling (I neglected to mention that users might close their browser window and come back to it later, expecting to see their jobs still running).

Sadly,
It seems Apache doesn't support WebSockets proxied to perl (at least I couldn't find any reference to that),
and "sudo cpan Dancer::Plugin::WebSocket" fails with too many errors (on Perl 5.14.2) - so I'm not going to pursue it ATM.