[Dancer-users] recommended way to return large dynamic data?

Assaf Gordon gordon at cshl.edu
Tue Oct 16 16:44:24 CEST 2012

Hello,

On my website I'm providing a way for users to download a content of a table (more of less, the specifics aren't critical).

Something like:
====
get '/getdata => sub
{
    my $sth = database->prepare("SELECT * FROM MyTable;");
    $sth->execute();
    my $result = "" ;
    while (@data = $sth->fetchrow_array()) {
	$result .= join("\t", @data) . "\n";
    }
    header('Content-Type' => 'text/tab-separated-values');
    header('Content-Disposition' => "attachment; foo.tsv" );
    return $result;
}
====

But the results can be very big (>2GB) and I don't want to store them in-memory before sending (the '$result' variable in the above example).

What's the recommended way to do this efficiently with Dancer ?
Is there a way to do HTTP chunked-transfer encoding ?