[dancer-users] Dancer advent calendar 2012 - help wanted!

Robert Blackwell robert at robertblackwell.com
Mon Nov 19 14:19:12 GMT 2012

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:59 AM, David Precious <davidp at preshweb.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It's that time of year again - advent calendar time!
>
> I think it would be nice to continue the tradition and do an advent
> calendar again, and I'm happy to put in the work writing some articles
> and coordinating effort, so, let's do it!
>
> With that said, help would of course be greatly appreciated :)

David,

At the Duck Duck Go Quack and Hack. I tweaked your your post Dynamic
AJAX charting with Dancer and Highcharts,
http://advent.perldancer.org/2011/14,  to read temperature from a
multimeter and graph it. It was a 5 line tweak using Device::MAS345! I
found that to be really great! We then reused that same tweak to show
real time temperature of DDG headquarters.
https://github.com/duckduckgo/zeroclickinfo-spice/blob/master/lib/DDG/Spice/HqTemp.pm

An example of the DDG plugin without my multimeter showing realtime
can be found on my linode here
http://66.175.223.162:5000/?q=temperature+at+duckduckgo

The ease of taking your Hightcharts post and tweaking it to graph
temperature then reuse that in a DDG plugin is in my mind worth
talking about. Maybe that is a standalone post or maybe it could
compliment another one.

Thanks for doing this.
Robert