[dancer-users] Dancer advent calendar 2012 - help wanted!

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Mon Nov 19 09:59:37 GMT 2012

Hi all,

It's that time of year again - advent calendar time!

I think it would be nice to continue the tradition and do an advent
calendar again, and I'm happy to put in the work writing some articles
and coordinating effort, so, let's do it!

With that said, help would of course be greatly appreciated :)

I have updated the README in the advent-calendar repo at:

https://github.com/PerlDancer/advent-calendar

I've added some article ideas there already; more ideas, and volunteers
to write some of them, would be awesome.

The advent calendars in previous years have been an interesting way to
get extra attention for Dancer, and do pull in quite a few views.
Analytics shows that they continue to receive views all year round, too.

(To give an idea how many, from Jan 1st 2012 to present, 12,271 people
visited the advent calendar site; 24,969 visits in total, with 43,510
pageviews, 47% being new visitors, with an average visit duration of
01:50, and average 1.74 pages per visit.  That's some effective
marketing, and well worth adding to, I think! :) )

Cheers

Dave P

--
David Precious ("bigpresh") <davidp at preshweb.co.uk>