[Dancer-users] A new dancer plugin.

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Sun May 13 19:46:53 CEST 2012

On May 13, 2012, at 12:34 PM, igor.bujna at post.cz wrote:

> Hi,
> looks good, but I think you have little bug in this lines in subs _set_hsts_header:
>
> sub _set_hsts_header {
>    my $settings    = plugin_setting;
>    my $hsts_age    = $settings->{hsts_age} // 31536000;
>    my $subdomains  = $settings->{hsts_include_subdomains} // 0;
>
> Should be place this '||' than '//'
>
>    my $hsts_age    = $settings->{hsts_age} || 31536000;
>    my $subdomains  = $settings->{hsts_include_subdomains} || 0;

Not necessarily...

C-style Logical Defined-Or

Although it has no direct equivalent in C, Perl's // operator is related to its C-style or. In fact, it's exactly the same as ||, except that it tests the left hand side's definedness instead of its truth. Thus, $a // $b is similar to defined($a) || $b (except that it returns the value of $a rather than the value of defined($a)) and yields the same result as defined($a) ? $a : $b (except that the ternary-operator form can be used as a lvalue, while $a// $b cannot). This is very useful for providing default values for variables. If you actually want to test if at least one of $a and $b is defined, use defined($a // $b)

http://perldoc.perl.org/perlop.html#Operator-Precedence-and-Associativity