[Dancer-users] Logging and "info"

Ovid curtis_ovid_poe at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 28 09:51:10 CEST 2012

----- Original Message -----

> From: Alexis Sukrieh <sukria at sukria.net>

> Personnaly I would have used debug for that, or warning (or the
> newborn info level). I don't see why it's a problem, but maybe I miss
> something.

I have updated the pull request. I have *not* updated the POD yet because I want to make sure people are happy with it before I change the docs again :) Once everyone is comfortable with it, I'll finish it up.

As for why I would prefer info separate from warning: I hate to overload the semantics of something. It keeps biting developers repeatedly, even when it seems like a safe thing to do (I have a long explanation of one facet of this at http://blogs.perl.org/users/ovid/2010/02/exceptions-as-flow-control.html)

In this case, if I'm grepping the logs for warnings, I don't want a bug of info statements showing up, and vice versa :)

Cheers,
Ovid
--
Live and work overseas - http://overseas-exile.blogspot.com/