[Dancer-users] redirect path is wrong

WK wanradt at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 00:04:55 CEST 2012

2012/6/5 Mr. Puneet Kishor <punk.kish at gmail.com>:

> In my code, I have put the following
>
>        get '/resource.:format' { return redirect '/gmna/resource.:format'; };
>        get '/gmna/resource.:format' => {
>                ..
>        };
>
> But the above fails. One, the redirect doesn't seem to recognize and carry the .:format through (if I call resource.json, the program complains that '/gmna/resource.:format' wasn't found).

AFAIU, redirect needs path or url, it does not work with tokens, you
need to give param or variable, like:

 get '/resource.:format' { return redirect '/gmna/resource.' .
param('format'); };

> Second, it doesn't prefix the /app/d/geomaps part to the redirected URI.

Some threads back it was asked also. Return can't originate from your
prefix, because then is not possible to redirect to non-prefixed
paths.   Solution is to write your own wrapper like
redirect_with_prefix.

--
Wbr,
Kõike hääd,